1. Willkommen auf WildStarOnline.de!

Also, nicht lange überlegen und schnell und einfach kostenlos registrieren und viele weitere Features wie unseren DevTracker, Chat und vieles mehr entdecken!

Questions for Joe Piepiora on housing, guilds and circles

Dieses Thema im Forum "Allgemeines" wurde erstellt von Thee, 1. Juni 2013.

Questions for Joe Piepiora on housing, guilds and circles

Dieses Thema im Forum "Allgemeines" wurde erstellt von Thee, 1. Juni 2013.

Thee

Thee Admin

Gilde:
    W* Online DE
    Update on 24th of July: Joe is back on board answering questions! So, stop by and share what you want to know about social systems in WildStar!

Earlier this week we offered you some new insights in housing, guilds and circles in our exclusive interview with Tiffany Chu and Joe Piepiora. Joe Piepiora has signed up in our little happy community (Welcome aboard!) and agreed to see if there are any questions he could answer. This thread is the place to post the questions you may have.

We all know developers often have their own strict schedule for reveals of new information, so it's likely some or even most of the questions can't be answered at this time. But hey, that shouldn't stop us from at least trying to get some new information, right?
    So, let's use the opportunity! Please keep in mind what areas Joe is working on: Housing, guilds, circles.

Ready? Go!
    Uncle_Sparrow gefällt dies.
    Silram

Silram WildStarOnline.de Team

Hi,​
    like we said yesterday, here's my first question:​
    How did you manage to create a game which has all the features i/we can imagine?​
    For years there have been many games and they only have one or two new features (for example Tera and Rift). Or zero features (like SWTOR :D ) But when i read about WildStar for the first time, I thought at first WTF it can't be possible...is it April 1st...but it was May 25th.​

PvP content is huge and there is a lot of PvE content...big raids (when was the last time that I saw a 40-men raid). Your housing is also very very interesting. After playing Lotro I always ask myself why the games did not have a little bit of housing (not as big and cool as yours is...but there aren't any)​
    How was it possible to create all of this while so many other companies failed?​
    In my humble opinion you are the first to develop a time machine: so you develop some crazy code...then go back to the years 2006 or 2007....you extract your code and develop new stuff. This is the only possible answer I have :)
    Silram

Hello Joe,
    the second question is from Nijura.
    She asks if there will be any ingame pets with which we can interact on our house or island.
    If yes, then where could we get them? Through quests?
    Whoosher

Whoosher Datacube-Sammler

Morning Joe,

welcome and thanks for giving us this opportunity.

Speaking of Circles, I undserstood that they are virtual groups, which can represent everything the owner like, as old school friends, job colleagues, a special real life hobby or members of a fan forum like we are here ;)

I think nothing in detail has been said about the server structure yet, apart from different datacenters in the US and Germany.

Assuming, we'll get the typical multiple server landscape - Will it be possible to build these Circles across all servers?

If so, will there be a search function where we can look for the names / topics of the Circles?

With global functions the need for privacy will rise. Will Circles have safety functions like invisibility, join only with invitation etc?

Housing - The dread of many MMOs ;) And you are going to implement it not only as a cosmetic but major feature into the gameplay. I so do hope that it will work.

The only game where I dealt with housing in a serious way was Lord of the Rings Online. What I really loved was the trophy system, where I was able to hang up my catches from fishing onto the walls or build the souvenirs from the last dungeon into the yard.

I already read that we'll find parts for the decoration of the houses across all over the world. But will there be a trophy system as well? Not only fish, but perhaps this huge tooth from a Gorganoth or the head of a Rowsdower :devil:?

In the interview with Fullenchilada you mentioned "Flying Pirate Islands". Could you elaborate on this? Are our houses damagable or is this more a dungeon / dynamic event kind of thing?

Thats all for now,

thanks for your time.
    MaaZe und Starbugs gefällt dies.
    Uncle_Sparrow

Uncle_Sparrow Abgewatschter

Gilde:
    Verba Magistri
    Hi Joe, good to have you with us!

There are two things I'd like to know when it comes to housing:

1. Since you mentioned that each character on our accounts can have a house of their own, I wonder if it’s still possible to share houses with other characters within the same account. E.g. “Lil’ twink the third” would rather live in “main’s mansion” than to build a completely new shack (for some reason) – is there a way to do so?
    2. Is it possible to interact with some furnishing once they were placed? E.g. sitting on chairs, spank the stuffed Aurin – things like that? :jimlad:

Thanks and best regards!
    Mag Daddy

Mag Daddy Datacube-Sammler

Hi Joe!

first of all thank you again for registering on this awesome Forum. The devs are listening and the community appreciates it.

So lets talk about Action! Can you give us some information about combat gameplay when being on your property?
    For example are there any kind of events like PvE or even PvP invasions?

See you on planet Nexus!
    Silram

Hi Joe,
    Dakhar has some questions for you:

- Is it possible to change the grass on the island. Maybe having a dark or juicy grass?
    - Can we move our house or is the location fixed?
    - Will the attacks on our house be random or will/can it only happen when we are online?
    - Are the attacks on our house scaled by level or just random?
    Goemoe

Goemoe Nexus-Kartograf

Gilde:
    Codex Aquila
    Hi Joe,

thank you for listening. Here are my questions:

1. Are there any ways in which the paths interact with the housing features?
    2. Do we need other resources than money to create all the facilities for the housing?
    3. Can you please tell us in a few words, where circles shine compared to a normal friendlist?
    4. Will we have to farm some money to create a guild, once we reach level 10 or is it enough to just ask for it at the right place with a full group?
    5. Are there any plans for connections from guild features to the paths? I am thinking of guild quests where you need all paths to get to the end or something like that.
    6. Are warplots owned and operated by guilds? Or is it possible?
    Joe Piepiora

Joe Piepiora Carbine Studios

Hello Silram,

That's a good question. I've had the pleasure of working with several MMO studios at this point, so please understand that when I say "We have the some of the best tools in the industry." that I have some basis of comparison. The ability to quickly create and iterate upon features like pvp, housing, paths, challenges and whatnot is invaluable.

We are doubly blessed with a passionate, engaged development staff. They pour themselves into their work on a daily basis because they care about what we're building together.

Lastly of course we have Jeremy Gaffney who has set a high bar for us. He doesn't want us to compromise, he wants us to make the best damn MMO we can.

Anyhow, I hope that answers your question!
    Craine, Goemoe, Starbugs und 4 anderen gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

I can't discuss our plans for cosmetic pets just yet... stay tuned!
    Joe Piepiora

Hello Whoosher,

We have mentioned in an Uplink Analysis article that we're intending on utilizing servers.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_server_communities.php

I can't comment yet on whether circles will be cross-server or not other than to say we're evaluating the system.

By default all circles are invite only to deal with privacy concerns. Circles have simple ranks, similar to guilds to aid in the management of invites, kicks and whatnot.

There will be some decor objects available as rewards for killing dungeon bosses, or completing particularly challenging quests as well as other types of content. We definitely want to make sure you have bragging rights all over your house!

While I can't go into any more detail on the sorts of strange and terrible things you may occasionally see floating near your house, I will say that your house cannot be damaged or destroyed as a result of these things appearing.

Thanks for the questions, some good ones in there!
    Craine, Ungeheuer und Thee gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

Hey there!

Ah, good questions!

There is a system in place where if you want to invite a friend, or alt to make alterations and share permissions in your home that they may. So if your Lil Twink wants to hang out in Big Main's mansion that is possible.

We have some interactive decor available in your home. Some things are pretty simple, like turning on a light. Others are... well... a little more complex. :)
    Craine, Goemoe, Starbugs und 3 anderen gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

Hello Mag Daddy,

So we have a bunch of actiony gameplay available on your housing plot, but we try to handle it in a way where you choose what happens to your house. If you've decorated your house carefully I don't want you to log in every day and see new random monsters just standing around on everything.

Instead we tie a lot of combat on your property to plugs. One example is our Webwood Plug, where a bloated spider queen dwells waiting to attack any who her lair. Plugs like these scale to ensure an engaging fight at any level. For these sorts of plugs you'll usually obtain a challenge with fun rewards, if you manage to complete it.

Now when it comes to public events, I'll say that the PVP side of the equation is really Warplots. That's where you get to bash your base against your enemies. For more PvE stuff, well we have plenty to reveal in time!

Thanks for the questions!
    Craine, Goemoe, Nijura und 2 anderen gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

The locations of the house is fixed for now, so it'll always be in the center of your housing plot.

The attacks cannot happen when you are offline and they are not random. The owner of the house is the one who starts any sort of event of that nature.

All of these attacks are scaled to ensure that no matter what level you, or your friends might be, everyone is engaged in the encounter.
    Craine, Goemoe, Starbugs und 3 anderen gefällt dies.
    Joe Piepiora

There is a little interaction for paths in housing, but it's not the focus due to the modular and social nature of the system. We do have some plugs that are only granted to specific paths that they can put on their property and then invite friends over to make use of.

Other resources will be necessary for plugs, some raw resources, some components from tradeskills.

Circles are sort of guilds-light. They're designed to be more permanent than a custom chat channel and to provide sense of belonging. A circle has a name like "The Wildstaronline.de Gang" that anyone could display under their name like a guild tag. A circle has ranks and permissions, but only as they relate to a chat channel.

Adding each of these people as a friend is possible, but you'd still need to whisper them all individually to talk to them, or create a custom chat channel. A circle is an easy-in, easy-out community. It's honestly perfect for a place like a forum because while you all have something in common, by visiting this website, you don't all enjoy the same types of content. If you're interested in raiding, you'd want to join a raiding guild. If you're only interested in pvp, why not join a pvp guild? With circles though you can do that, without leaving your casual acquaintances behind.

There are some light requirements to creating a guild, but we're trying to keep it easy. It shouldn't be difficult at level 10 to create a guild.

There aren't any path-guild connections right now, we're generally trying to make sure that we're not penalizing a group for wanting to all play soldiers, or all play scientists.

Warplots right now are owned by Warparties.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_pvp.php

Good questions!
    Craine, Goemoe, Nijura und 2 anderen gefällt dies.
    Silram

Thanks for the big answers we could get today :)

Will we be able to play WildStar at Gamescom?

Do you know how it will be with German Community managers?

When i play Lotro we often had problems because the German Com Manager did not have many rights.
    So we did get the information in Germany too late. All the opinions from the Germans were ignored in the US.

How will Carbine handle this?
    Nijura gefällt dies.
    Goemoe

Goemoe Nexus-Kartograf

Gilde:
    Codex Aquila
    Thank you for your answers, Joe! They are even more intriguing than I expected. :)
    Tarrant

Tarrant Nexus-Kartograf

Hi Joe,

I have a question about circles, can they be cross-faction?
    Goemoe

Goemoe Nexus-Kartograf

Gilde:
    Codex Aquila
    Ah, good one. Just another question related to Tarrants:
    I heard, you can play chars from both factions on the same server. So is it possible to have exiles and dominions in the same guild?
    Mag Daddy

Mag Daddy Datacube-Sammler

@Joe Piepiora please say no :)

Die Seite empfehlen

Gerade wird der Thread von (Nutzern: 0 und Gästen 0) angesehen.